Is it worth to cover the facade with granite?
Each of us knows that building your own home is an important, long, but interesting and exciting process. After all, a house is a reflection of its owners.
That is why the facade of your house is a face that reflects the inner world of its owners. If you want to make it solid and refined, adhering to the canons of traditional manners, then granite stone will be a wonderful material for cladding.
Granite is a coarse to medium-grained igneous rock rich in quartz and feldspar; it is the most abundant rock in the earth’s crust, formed as a result of the cooling of magma (silicate melt) at depth. Granite has excellent protective properties, which is not typical for all decorative ones. It is strong, durable, vapor-proof material to the influence of all kinds of natural phenomena (hail, powerful sunshine, rain).
The advantages of granite are:
- The presence of a huge range of colors, thanks to this you can create combined textures.
- Granite has the ability to mirror polish, regardless of the hardness of this rock.
- The first signs of corrosion in granite begin to appear only after 500 years. This stone is often called “immortal”. The granite facade does not require repair or reconstruction even after long-term use.
- Strength — the stone has the highest compression and abrasion resistance. It is a very dense material with a compressive strength twice that of marble.
- Granite is a moisture resistant material, which makes it excellent for building facades, plinths and steps.
Before starting the facade decoration with granite, the walls are painstakingly prepared for cleaning, and then they are opened with a special primer containing antiseptic properties. This should be done with the help of several layers, so that each previous layer is completely dry before applying the next one. After the completion of the preparation stage, you can begin the installation of granite on the facade.